Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.lasers
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Removing rubbery potting compound

"William Sommerwerck" writes:

Whatever this stuf is, common sense suggests it was designed not to be
easily removed, especially by chemical means. Otherwise, there would be
little point to it.

I think that's only true in some cases. Since this CAN be removed
using just brute force, it's a lot easier to reverse engineer
PCBs and such with it than, say, hard Epoxy.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/