Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Pencil question

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Ha-ha! You probably were born too late for that stuff. g

I have a half-dozen or so of them, and several other brands. They're
drafting pencils, also used by graphic artists. You can still get lead for
them at a good graphic-arts supply store, but stock up, because there's no
telling how long it will be before you have to order them online.

They come in at least two different diameters. They're quite thick; you
need
a special sharpener to produce a conical point on them (Staedtler makes a
good, compact one that uses an internal file to sharpen. I also have a
Boston desk model that uses sandpaper cones. They both work fine.)

What the heck are these things. I learned drafting when 0.3 to 0.9
Pentels were were the
rage then. The only bare lead (graphite) I sharpened was for a compass.

Wes

Listen, young fella, if you were over 60, you'd know better. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

--

Too late for graphite, too early for Cad