Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Debris in tap water... help needed

None wrote:
On Jun 22, 5:37 pm, None wrote:
On Jun 22, 4:50 pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:48:48 -0700 (PDT), None wrote:
I was talking to someone just now and they mentioned that if two
taps from the mains are opened, we are probably reaching the
maximum capacity of the pipe from the mains, which apparently will
flush dirt out.

And draw it in if there is a leak somewhere...

I guess that's a solid explanation. It wouldn't surprise me if the
dirt is from the mains as the water has always had a yellow hue to
it, especially in summer.

Is your neighbours water the same?

--
Cheers
Dave.

My neighbours have been a bit vague about it, so I don't really know,
they're quite old and don't seem to give two hoots either way. I've
had a leak detection expert in, and he says he simply couldn't find
anything. It does have the symptoms of a leak somewhere though, I
know what you're saying.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Get in touch with whoever it is you pay your water bill to - clean water and
santitation is what you are paying for, it's their problem, not yours, and
tell them that in the meantime between the phone call and it being
rectified, you are buying bottled drinking water and sending them the bills.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008