Posted to alt.home.repair
stan stan is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

On Jun 22, 2:21*pm, ransley wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:58*am, wrote:

I have a mulberry under my deck. *It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.

Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. *Didn't even skip a beat. *It's bigger and badder
than ever.

Copper sulfate mixed with water poured at the stump and copper nails
in the tree might do something over years, dig a hole for the copper
so it doesn't run off. Roundup only works on leaves, if you can cover
the good plants with plastic drop cloths for a few hours you can spray
it, The Company would best direct you on time needed to cure but I
think its maybe 20-45 minutes. Don't you like the berries?

Suggest using something basic and non toxic.
Geez. If everyone is using chemicals at the rate and as often as has
been suggested here as various solutions to the OP's 'Mulberry
problem' one wouldn't want to eat anything (e.g Mulberries) grown near
or within 100 yards (at least)!
Also btw don't ever expect to drink the water in that
area .................. you know what that's doing to male sperm
rates.
Soon males will be taking one form of chemical to 'keep it up' and
there will no need for birth control chemicals etc. because all the
sperm will be dead/deformed and/or unable to perform!
Isn't it interesting how things go around and nature, rather than
humans actually controls what happens!
Recently found a neighbour spraying some one gallon of weed-killer on
a small patch of grass and complaining about dandelion seeds from his
neighbour!
He's recovering by the way (fully we hope) from an operation and
treatment for some form of internal cancer; so was very surprised to
see him so liberally splashing around that chemical!
Thank goodness we no longer use our well water.