Posted to alt.home.repair
BetaB4 BetaB4 is offline

Default Using Tub Spout with Diverter when there's no shower head

Todd wrote:
On Jun 15, 6:33 am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jun 14, 11:30 pm, Todd wrote:

Folks,

I've got a new 8 inch tub spout with a diverter on it. I'd like to
use it on my new tub (that lacks a shower.) Any chance that I can
use a tub spout with a diverter in it even if there is no where to
divert to? Are there any issues with it?

- Thanks,

Todd

Just install a stub in the shower outlet and cap it off.

But why would you want a diverter if you don't need one?

The "handle to nowhere" would bother me.

I don't _want_ a diverter. I happen to have an 8 inch tub spout that
has a diverter. Can't find the same tub spout without the diverter. So
I was wondering if there was a big problem with using it.

Maybe you can "defeat" the diverter mechanism. By that, I mean that maybe
you can look inside the spout and see how the diverter mechanism works, and
how it seals off the flow of water. There may be a way to remove or take
out the plastic part that actually makes the seal.