Posted to alt.home.repair
Hell Toupee[_4_] Hell Toupee[_4_] is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

wrote:

I have a mulberry under my deck. It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.

Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. Didn't even skip a beat. It's bigger and badder
than ever.

Cover the stump with a heavy pail or coffee can. Drive a nail through
it into the stump to anchor it firmly (so sprouts can't lift it off).
Shovel dirt around the pail to help hold it in place and keep out
the light. Keep the pail in place for about a year. The stump will
sprout, but the sprouts will die from lack of light. The stump
eventually runs out of stored energy and dies.