Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

On Jun 22, 10:39*am, George wrote:
wrote:
I have a mulberry under my deck. *It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.

Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. *Didn't even skip a beat. *It's bigger and badder
than ever.

Roundup doesn't work that way. It is a systemic killer that needs to be
absorbed via the leaves.

You could drill a bunch of holes again and fill with a high nitrogen
fertilizer or manure and cover with dirt. That will make it start to
decompose. I also remember buying a commercial product that was packed
in a milk carton style package that is used the same way.

The nitrogen works, sounds a little counterintuitive at first but I
guess the high dose of nitrogen just burns the crap out of it.

Jimmie