Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:58:50 -0500, wrote:

I have a mulberry under my deck. It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.

Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. Didn't even skip a beat. It's bigger and badder
than ever.

I had one in the corner of my garden. I liked it. The Orioles loved
it. It had about a 5" trunk. I clipped it a couple times with the
mower and scraped some bark off. it died.

Try enjoying the mulberry. They don't seem to like that.

Really- you need to leave the foliage on and soak it with the roundup.
Leave the dead stuff until it is dry and brittle.

Jim