Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default How do I kill a mulberry bush/tree once and for all?

on 6/22/2009 9:58 AM (ET) wrote the following:
I have a mulberry under my deck. It's really getting out of control.
I chop it off every year, but I know that's just a Band-Aid.

Last year I cut it off, drilled deep holes in the stump, and dumped in
Roundup concentrate. Didn't even skip a beat. It's bigger and badder
than ever.

Can you jack it out by the roots? Wrap and tie a 1/4" nylon rope to the
base of the bush and thread the rope up though a gap between decking.
Loop that end over the lifting part of a bumper jack placed over a joist
and jack it up. Me, I just pull out unwanted bushes and small trees with
my 4 x 4 truck.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY