Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Questions About Dowsing For Water

In article , harry k wrote:
On Jun 22, 4:36=A0am, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article =

..com, harry k wrote:

Years ago I read the actual challenge. =A0Seemed to be set up so that it
would be all but impossible to find the objects even with a map. =A0It
is set up so that it is 100 percent sucess or it is total failure. =A0No
partial success allowed.

That's not true. All the dowser needs to do to claim the prize is to have a
success rate that is significantly higher than expected by chance alone.

The true skeptics should at least try it before being so adamant that
it doesnt' work.

I think you have that backwards: the proponents should show evidence that it
works, before claiming that it does.

Thanks for the admission that you haven't.

Whether I've tried it or not is beside the point. The burden of proof is on
those making the claim. So far, despite repeated attempts, *nobody* has *ever*
been able to demonstrate, under controlled conditions, that dowsing works any
better than simple guessing. If you think it does work, then all you need to
to is demonstrate it to become an instant millionaire.