Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Dewalt 12V battery and B&D 12v battery are interchangeable?

On Jun 22, 10:32*am, MiamiCuse wrote:
I have a DW 12v drill. *I bought it at HD on a summer "special" and it
was $99 comes with the drill, two battery packs and a 1 hour charger.

Now two years later the batteries are about to die. *One will work for
may be 15 minutes after fully charged the other would not even charge
just blinks real fast.

I have looked into getting these rebuilt. *Looking at the prices the
average price to get one rebuilt is about $45-50. *Getting two rebuilt
will be $100 plus shipping in some cases, which is about the price of
a brand new drill set that I may be able to get from $99 to $139...

So question is whether it's better to rebuild them or just get new
drill/batteries.

Then I ran into one article that briefly talked about 12V Dewalt
batteries and B&D batteries are interchangeable. *Not the same, but
interchangeable? *and the B&D ones are much cheaper?

Is this true? *and if so, can you charge the B&D batteries with a
Dewalt 1 hour charger?

Anyone know for sure?

B&D owns DeWalt, so it makes some sense. Call a local service center
and ask one of the techs - they'll know for sure.