Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Safe way to carry dust remote

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:05:39 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

I saw a really neat idea for a DC on/off mechanism, cheap too. A
flexible cord line running around the shop, similar to what they had
on a bus or train, trips a single switch near the DC. Very nice
remote control, yet no wireless remote device to lose.

A friend of mine did that, with a few washers here and there to bring the twine
down to his reach... Seemed to work well for him until he wore out the spring
on his shop-made switch..
Of course, he was about 8" shorter than I am, so I used to be scraping my hat on
the damn washers all of the time..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing