Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default re-painting French-style windows

In article . com, Jules
scribeth thus
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:29:13 +0100, R wrote:
Yes, I forgot to mention that - we have outer storm windows for the bad
weather (and mozzie screens for the good), so last Summer I was just
taking the French-style windows down and temporarily putting the storm
windows up whilst I was working on them.

Storm windows!...........Are you "exposed"

I'm in the northern US these days (ex-UK, and I like this group as it's
full of some really clueful folk :-)

We can get some pretty big storms around here, and the winters last for
5-6 months and involve temps of 30 below zero - so it's useful to have an
extra layer of windows on the house. (Summers are nice, though - it's been
up in the 90s the last few days)

Blimey!, I don't think 90 in the summer is that pleasant, neither is
some 30 below;!..

Quite like old temperate England)..
cheers

Jules