Posted to uk.d-i-y
None None is offline

Default Debris in tap water... help needed

On Jun 22, 4:50*pm, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:48:48 -0700 (PDT), None wrote:
I was talking to someone just now and they mentioned that if two taps
from the mains are opened, we are probably reaching the maximum
capacity of the pipe from the mains, which apparently will flush dirt
out.

And draw it in if there is a leak somewhere...

I guess that's a solid explanation. It wouldn't surprise me if the dirt
is from the mains as the water has always had a yellow hue to it,
especially in summer.

Is your neighbours water the same?

--
Cheers
Dave.

My neighbours have been a bit vague about it, so I don't really know,
they're quite old and don't seem to give two hoots either way. I've
had a leak detection expert in, and he says he simply couldn't find
anything. It does have the symptoms of a leak somewhere though, I know
what you're saying.