Posted to uk.d-i-y
None None is offline

Default Debris in tap water... help needed

On Jun 22, 1:58*pm, Toby wrote:
None wrote:
We have an outside tap in the side passage that runs off the mains
supply (we're not on a well), and when that is run, the pressure on
the kitchen sink tap drops immensely, which would mean they are both
running off the same feed.

If you pour yourself a glass of water from the kitchen tap during this
time, it will be filled with brown particle debris. The same thing
happens if you pour a glass of water from the kitchen tap while the
shed washing machine is running. The bottom of the attic tank is
covered in this debris. It appears to be iron bacteria, as it is slimy
stuff, but that's just my best guess. When only the kitchen tap is
running, or anything 'downstream' of it is running (other sinks/
showers), then the worst you'll see is a couple of specks of the
stuff.

Would hugely appreciate some advice or even answers.......

Could there be a dead-leg of pipe somewhere, so if you just run the
kitchen tap, the pressure drop is not sifficient to cause any crap to
then drain from this dead-leg, but if several things are running at the
same time, it is?

Toby...

I've thought about that, but I just don't know how to go about
locating a dead leg.......