Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default OT Killing your wife

Metspitzer wrote:
On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 19:27:45 -0700, "Jon Danniken"wrote:

Well, George Westinghouse was a strict capitalist, and was the one
who gave him the job in the first place. While he did indeed profit
immeasurably from the work of Nikola Tesla, the relative levels of
fame and wealth possessed by Mr. Tesla at the time of his death were
not the responsibility of Mr. Westinghouse.

If you don't count Tesla letting Westinghouse off the hook.

http://flyingmoose.org/truthfic/tesla.htm
The agreements between Westinghouse and Tesla called for the
businessman to pay the inventor a royalty of two dollars and fifty
cents - for every horsepower of AC equipment sold. Even a century ago,
the royalties would be enough to make Tesla one of the wealthiest men
in the world. (Were such royalties to be paid on equipment in use
today, the royalties on AC generators alone would be worth more than
seven and a half billion dollars.)
-----
Like many geniuses Tesla wasn't playing with a full deck. The guy
wanted to marry a pigeon.

And the complementary passage from your link above:

"Westinghouse came to Tesla and described the situation. Tesla replied with
these words:
"Mr. Westinghouse, you have been my friend, you believed in me when others
had no faith; you were brave enough to go ahead... when others lacked
courage; you supported me when even your own engineers lacked vision... you
have stood by me as a friend...

"Here is your contract, and here is my contract. I will tear both of them to
pieces, and you will no longer have any troubles from my royalties. Is that
sufficient?""

Possibly not the most practical decision, but you can't blame Westinghouse
for him doing it.

Jon