Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default OT Killing your wife

SteveB wrote:
Edison was a hack. Westinghouse had the induction and polyphase
generation patents from Nikola Tesla in his pocket, which
established a superior system of electrical power generation and
distribution, which we are still using to this day.

Jon

And true to corporate greed screwed Tesla, paying him very little, and
letting him die in obscurity and poverty.

Well, George Westinghouse was a strict capitalist, and was the one who gave
him the job in the first place. While he did indeed profit immeasurably
from the work of Nikola Tesla, the relative levels of fame and wealth
possessed by Mr. Tesla at the time of his death were not the responsibility
of Mr. Westinghouse.

That doesn't mean I don't think Mr. Tesla deserved a better end to his life,
mind you, but sometimes it happens that great men die deaths unbefitting
their legacy.

Jon