Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Safe way to carry dust remote

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:18:29 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote

I have a wired remote switch for my DC...

A wired remote?? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Don't think so.. they do advertise "wireless remotes"..

The DC switch is on the DC motor, I plug the DC into an outlet box with 2
runs
of wire, to an inline switch and to a plug....
What would you call it?

Just kiddin' ya mac. Back in the old days, all remotes came on a wire. Then
the TV remote entered our culture. And big butts began growing everywhere.
Now almost everything is wireless.

My first TV mute switch was a peice of speaker cord wired into the TV
speaker. I had an inline lamp switch on the other end. I would flip the
switch and it interupted the speaker wire. Blessed silence during the
commercials. People thought I was some kinda electronic genius. Then the
TV remote came along. I was no longer *smart*. :-)