J.B. Bobbitt

Default Cutting Cabinet Plywood with 7 ¼ Circular Saw

I just made 20+ linear feet of cuts on cherry veneer plywood with a Black
and Decker circ saw with a new Oldham 60-tooth carbide-tipped, 7-1/4" blade,
with the good side face-down. The cuts were very clean with virtually no
chip-out. The cuts were good enough to use in my house, I'm not sure how
that translates into "professional use".

-JBB

"RWM" wrote in message
I usually make crosscuts of cabinet grade plywood, which are too large for
my tablesaw, with my 7 ¼" circular saw. To avoid chipping the finished
piece I make the first cut a little long. I also always cover the cut

with
masking tape, but still get some chipping. I then cut to the exact size
using a straight cutting bit with my router. Using the router leaves a
perfect cut, but I have a project coming up that doesn't leave any room

for
an oversize cut unless I go to a second sheet of plywood.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cross cutting cabinet grade plywood
with a circular saw that eliminates chipping? I have tried different
blades, and cutting heights, but so far the best that I can get is about
95%. That other 5% can be a killer.

Bob McBreen