Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark[_8_] Mark[_8_] is offline

Default Newbie question on single-handle kitchen faucet...

My bet is it may not be the faucet but the supply leading to it. Someone
may have mixed a galvanized pipe with copper and the two don't mix. I fixed
a similar problem in my house where they had installed a 6" nipple from the
copper roughed into the wall to the shut-off under the sink. The one for
the hot had corroded to the point I was surprised any water was making to
thru. Replaced both nipples with brass and all is flowing well now.

"Dave" wrote in message
netamerica...
Mother-in-Law has a kitchen faucet (single handle type, push it up to turn
the water on, to the right for cold, to the left for hot) which has
increasingly reduced it's water flow. Now it's only a drip, practically.
It has the type of dispenser that also acts as a sprayer if you pull it
out of it's socket and push a button on the side. I have taken it apart
to the extent that I had time, and found that the metalic hose which
brings the water to the faucet-end is not delivering any more than a
trickle when fully on, hot/cold or both. Took the ball valve apart and it
looked okay, but something is obviously obstructing the water flow.
Thinking, maybe a sand-trap, but can't figure out where this might be.
Could it be in the body of the faucet "tower," on which the ball valve and
handle sits? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Am about to suggest
replacing it just because I can't seem to fix it...

Thanks,

Dave