Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default #$%&*( ants

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:25:51 -0400, phorbin
wrote:

In article 4a352c0a-1ef7-46f2-8464-
, says...
On Jun 19, 10:23*am, "J. Clarke" wrote:
Put out some Real Kill ant bait. *Just watched an ant come out of the little
thingie with a piece of bait in his mouth, walk to the edge of the counter,
toss the bait in the trash can under the counter, clean his antennas, go
back into the bait thingie, and come out with another one, and toss it in
the trash.

After I got through laughing I did him a favor and tossed the rest of it for
him.

Anybody know of any ant bait that _works_?

Boric Acid. It's cheap and relatively safe (less toxic than table
salt).

but has to be mixed with something to draw the ants to it and make them
want to take it home... and ants' requirements change through the year
and according to type.

No, they gladly take BA home with them. They think it's sugar.

With the ants we have around he

Peanut butter & brown sugar baits work well early spring.

Sugar water baits seem to work better from mid to late spring onward.

There are a lot of recipes on-line.

We always refer to the book "Tiny Game Hunting" first.