Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Wobble Dado

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Max" wrote in message news:rFe%l.218
I have a nice $$ Freud dado but I find that 80 - 90% of the time I use a
router for dadoes.
Quicker set-up. Cleaner dadoes.

I don't agree with all of that. My experience last summer cutting a number
of dados for the picnic table I built put the tablesaw with dado blade at
about a quarter of the time needed to set up the router and then set it
again for a different depth. This was especially evident when I was
sneaking
up on a particular depth. The hand held router also made for much finer
dust
that went everywhere. Might have been different with a table mounted,
vacuum
assisted router, but I don't have one.

Cleaner dados? Ok, can't argue with that, but definitely not quicker.

It helps that I have several routers and a jig for dadoes. (Shop Notes issue
76)

Max (and more router bits than I need)