Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Normile John Normile is offline

Default Surface grinder dust collection strategies

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:56:35 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:

I'm trying to improve the dust collection on my surface grinder and
hoping to get some feedback on the various schemes I've seen. The
setups I've seen fall into 3 general categories.

1. The traditional big funnel mounted to the table.
http://www.kitmondo.com/images%5Clis...2294138886.jpg

Snip
Ned Simmons

I have a 6x12 Boyar Schultz with the dust collector base. It came
without a "funnel" or hose. I mocked up a collecting funnel out of
cardboard, mimicking my recollection of the factory unit. My
thinking was that Boyar Schultz had more experience in this area than
I did.

The unit works pretty well while grinding. The only noticeable grit
"bounce back" comes from dressing.

John Normile