Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Non-Working Cruzer Flash Drive

On 20 Jun 2009 16:30:49 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

so when does a USB device NOT get recognized as hardware when plugged into
a USB port? How's that work??

(under Windows,not some other op system)

When it's just powered by the 5VDC on the USB jack. My LED night
light runs on USB power and doesn't get recognized by Windoze. Same
with my USB massager:
http://www.usbgeek.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=0081
However, a USB memory device will need to be recognized by Windoze in
order to work, so my examples don't really count.

I wonder if Windoze will recognize this USB device?
http://gizmodo.com/5232951/usb-vibrator-brings-bodily-fluids-a-bit-too-close-to-your-ports

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D