Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default Instal air compressor regulator in a tight spot

"Jon Danniken" wrote in message
"Ignoramus21287" wrote:
Jon Danniken wrote:
I am replacing the broken air regulator on my compressor.
Unforutnately,
there isn't enough room between the top of the tank and the plane of the
manifold outlet to rotate the new regulator onto the pipe nipple
extending
out of the manifold.

Is there an elegant way to install this?

Pipe union?

Thanks, Iggy. If you mean the ones where either side turns independently
of the other (with a stationary center hex), I've seen the bigger ones for
galvanized water pipe, but not for 1/4" NPT stuff (which is the size of
the fittings on this compressor/regulator).

Do they have these for 1/4" NPT?

Jon

my local OSH has unions like you mention for 1/4 NPT