Silvan

Default Boring dog holes...

Pounds on Wood wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding your use of the peg board, it seems as though
you were concerned about precise spacing of your dog holes. Why? I

Because Sam Allen told me to do it that way.

Something on the order of "It's very important to lay out your dog holes
accurately...." No hints or tips for how to accomplish that though, hence
my post.

Now that I've had a chance to piddle with it, it worked. I have a couple of
boards with two dowels in them, and I can stick them everywhere except the
corner I started in, before I hit upon my bright pegboard idea.

Regarding drilling, this comes up on the rec pretty often. How to drill
holes after the benchtop is complete? I used my benchtop drill press. I

That's not a bad idea. Wouldn't have worked for me, because I don't have a
benchtop drill press. I traded up for a big'un and sold the little one to
fund some project or other.

I got it done though. Spent the day sharpening everything that I abused
during the construction. When I get back from work Tuesday night, I'll be
ready to surface some lumber and build something cool.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/