IMM

Default Washing machine - waste pipe limescale

"Gerry Smith" wrote in message
om...
In the house I'm renovating, some genius has plumbed for a washing
machine so that the waste water has to travel about 25 feet, round
three bends, to reach the drains.

As we live in a hard water area, the waste pipe has clogged up with
lime-scale, which is difficult (read "impossible") to reach manually.

Be grateful for some help: in particular, is it poss to use any
chemical to clear the limescale which won't eat through the plastic
waste pipes?

Replace the pipe and re-install with a sharper fall to the main stack. Is
the end of the pipe vented? Or is a spring operated valve used and end
capped off?

---