Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 850watt power generator question

In article et,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
Probably but when a (reactive?) load switches off (ie a motor) there
can be quite a large voltage spike until the genset throttles back.
Similary when a load comes on a dip until it throttles up.

Not quite like the gensets we are used to Dave, 100kVA with only a
30kVA load, even banging a 5k on is taken up by the fly wheel... B-)

Heh heh - remember having a low loader car rig. With one of those nice
Honda 5kW (IIRC) generators on board. Lighting was bashing two 1.2 HMI
through the windscreen - and had all the video stuff fed off it too. I was
running off batteries. Sparks 'saved' the HMIs at the same time and took
out the vision trolley PS - and the Digibeta too. While I whistled softly
to myself. Good for overtime, though.

--
*You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.