Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Newbie question on single-handle kitchen faucet...

On Jun 20, 8:33*am, "Dave" wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
Should have mentioned this first...

Are you sure you have water coming to the faucet? Since the problem
appears to be with both the hot and the cold, I'll assume yes, but
stranger things have happened.

Well, there is *some* water coming out, even if it is just a dribble, so
there must be some water coming to the faucet, and I figured the problem
must be somewhere in the faucet itself. *Guess I could undo the
connections, and test the supply lines. *Just can't imagine both supply
lines being equally plugged, but...

Thanks for the input. *Will check that out.

Dave

What brand of faucet? *I have a Moen and had a similar problem. *Turned
out to be the cartridge clogged when some carbon got into it from the
filter in the line. Cleaning it helped but it was not back to normal. *I
flushed the line and replaced the cartridge (about $10) and it was as good
a new.

I'll have to find out what brand. *How do you flush the lines out? *This
really interests me, as I am wondering if I can somehow flush out the pipes
throughout my house, to restore good waterflow to the bathroom and back
faucet. *Or are you saying you flushed the lines in the faucet assembly
(where they attach to the household water lines?)

Many thanks,

Dave

Are you now adding the fact that you have low water pressure to other
areas of the house?

Perhaps this problem is bigger than just the faucet, although a
rebuild kit is still a pretty cheap "test".

If there is sediment/corrosion buildup throughout the plumbing, you
aren't going to be able to "flush it out".