Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Newbie question on single-handle kitchen faucet...

"Dave" wrote in message
Should have mentioned this first...

Are you sure you have water coming to the faucet? Since the problem
appears to be with both the hot and the cold, I'll assume yes, but
stranger things have happened.

Well, there is *some* water coming out, even if it is just a dribble, so
there must be some water coming to the faucet, and I figured the problem
must be somewhere in the faucet itself. Guess I could undo the
connections, and test the supply lines. Just can't imagine both supply
lines being equally plugged, but...

Thanks for the input. Will check that out.

Dave

What brand of faucet? I have a Moen and had a similar problem. Turned out
to be the cartridge clogged when some carbon got into it from the filter in
the line. Cleaning it helped but it was not back to normal. I flushed the
line and replaced the cartridge (about $10) and it was as good a new.