Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Newbie question on single-handle kitchen faucet...

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
Dave wrote:
Mother-in-Law has a kitchen faucet (single handle type, push it up to
turn the water on, to the right for cold, to the left for hot) which has
increasingly reduced it's water flow. Now it's only a drip, practically.
It has the type of dispenser that also acts as a sprayer if you pull it
out of it's socket and push a button on the side. I have taken it apart
to the extent that I had time, and found that the metalic hose which
brings the water to the faucet-end is not delivering any more than a
trickle when fully on, hot/cold or both. Took the ball valve apart and
it looked okay, but something is obviously obstructing the water flow.
Thinking, maybe a sand-trap, but can't figure out where this might be.
Could it be in the body of the faucet "tower," on which the ball valve
and handle sits? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Am about to
suggest replacing it just because I can't seem to fix it...

Thanks,

Dave

Should have mentioned this first...

Are you sure you have water coming to the faucet? Since the problem
appears to be with both the hot and the cold, I'll assume yes, but
stranger things have happened.

Well, there is *some* water coming out, even if it is just a dribble, so
there must be some water coming to the faucet, and I figured the problem
must be somewhere in the faucet itself. Guess I could undo the connections,
and test the supply lines. Just can't imagine both supply lines being
equally plugged, but...

Thanks for the input. Will check that out.

Dave