Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default HOA strikes again

On Jun 20, 1:00*am, "John Gilmer" wrote:
"Phisherman" wrote in message

I think HOAs can devalue a house as well as keep its value. *I passed
up a home I wanted to buy because the HOA dictated what kind of
hoiliday decorations were allowable. *I have a 18 foot star that would
be banned, but all my neighbors like it.

Oh, they definitely take away value from a property.

But, but ...

Governments LOVE them. * HOAs can routinely do things that even the most
fascist of governments would hesitate to take on.

From what I have seen HOAs are usually ruled by a few HOA facist. It
always happenes this way because anyone can iforce the rules so a few
busy bodies alwys wind up sticking their nose in everyone elses
business..

Jimmie