Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Safe way to carry dust remote

"David Merrill" wrote in message
news:K5S_l.749294$yE1.99208@attbi_s21...
Just got my closeted dust collector on a separate 220v circuit and set up
run from an X-10 appliance module plugged into an outlet controlled by an
hp-rated wall switch. Pushed the on-button on the little pocket remote
and
it works!

Next thought was that little, 2 x 1-1/2 x 3/8-inch, plastic remote is
going
to get misplaced in no time (67 year-old) if I don't get it on a lanyard
hang around my neck. Looked at a leather shoelace and immediately
realized
what a BAD IDEA that was -- having a strong cord dangling from my neck
while
working around rotating machinery. So, keep it in my pocket? -- nah,
it'll
end up in the washing machine or the nightstand. Belt loop? -- nah, don't
want that part of my anatomy sucked into a machine either.

So, where do you guys with remotes keep yours without losing it ???

David Merrill

Velcro it to your apron.

One other thing, be careful and mindful as to where you set the remote, I
have come dangerously close to sucking it up while cleaning up the top of my
TS.