Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 850watt power generator question

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:50:42 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

Yes, although I see that Machine Mart are doing a Clarke 1kW 4-stroke
inverter-generator for under £300 - which is a lot cheaper than the
equivalent Honda, and may well be OK.

Interesting I might wander over and have a look to see if they have
something in the 2 to 3 kVA range. Though I sometimes wonder about
reliablity, with electronics and changing reative loads. A dierctly
connected alternator won't worry to much about short over/under
voltage but bits of silicon tend to let the magic smoke out if pushed
hard for even a very short time.

--
Cheers
Dave.