Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Newbie question on single-handle kitchen faucet...

On Jun 19, 10:31*pm, "Dave" wrote:
Mother-in-Law has a kitchen faucet (single handle type, push it up to turn
the water on, to the right for cold, to the left for hot) which has
increasingly reduced it's water flow. *Now it's only a drip, practically.
It has the type of dispenser that also acts as a sprayer if you pull it out
of it's socket and push a button on the side. *I have taken it apart to the
extent that I had time, and found that the metalic hose which brings the
water to the faucet-end is not delivering any more than a trickle when fully
on, hot/cold or both. *Took the ball valve apart and it looked okay, but
something is obviously obstructing the water flow. *Thinking, maybe a
sand-trap, but can't figure out where this might be. *Could it be in the
body of the faucet "tower," on which the ball valve and handle sits? *Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated. *Am about to suggest replacing it just
because I can't seem to fix it...

Thanks,

Dave

You can buy complete rebuild kits for most "modern" faucets.

Figure out what brand it is - and model if possible - and replace the
innards.