Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Newbie question on single-handle kitchen faucet...

Mother-in-Law has a kitchen faucet (single handle type, push it up to turn
the water on, to the right for cold, to the left for hot) which has
increasingly reduced it's water flow. Now it's only a drip, practically.
It has the type of dispenser that also acts as a sprayer if you pull it out
of it's socket and push a button on the side. I have taken it apart to the
extent that I had time, and found that the metalic hose which brings the
water to the faucet-end is not delivering any more than a trickle when fully
on, hot/cold or both. Took the ball valve apart and it looked okay, but
something is obviously obstructing the water flow. Thinking, maybe a
sand-trap, but can't figure out where this might be. Could it be in the
body of the faucet "tower," on which the ball valve and handle sits? Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated. Am about to suggest replacing it just
because I can't seem to fix it...

Thanks,

Dave