Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Mold in DAP Spackling Paste

"WhiteTea77581" wrote in message
On Jun 18, 6:20 pm, Red Green wrote:
"Colbyt" wrote
innews:do6dnUtxh68nVafXnZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d@insightbb. com:

"WhiteTea77581" wrote in message

@n4g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

I bought some DAP CrackSHOT Spackling Paste a few months ago.
It been stored indoors.

I recently found something dark green growing on the surface.
I scooped the bad material out.

Anyone had that happen?
I am thinking of mixing in a small amount of bleach.

Andy

Only in containers that have been opened and then stored.

Colbyt

OP: Same goes for drywall mudd.

Thanks.

I have a large container of sheetrock compound that is a year old with
no mold or fungus on it.
Different brand may be the reason.

Andy

Really...In 20 odd years in the drywall trade I've never seen mud that is
ANY good stored that long mold or no mold and I have seen Sheetrock brand
mold once in a bucket I forgot about in the cellar...I bet the bucket you
have the mud has seperated and the top is covered with clear syrup and is
the rest is hard unless you added a little water and re-mixed every couple
of months...Try to use it...LOL...