Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Britain's answer to knife crime

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 17:03:01 -0700, "Michael Koblic"

wrote:

Steve Ackman wrote:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6501720.ece

Here is one to go with it:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-a-knife.html

Hey, back in the 60's as a pre-teen I carried a knife. One that I had
bought
with my own pocket money in an ironmongers. How the hell else were you
expected to sharpen your school pencils and whittle bits of wood? :-|

Mark Rand
RTFM

I still carry one. I don't understand how a grown man can make his way
through life without a good pocket knife.

On two occasions, I've forgotten I had it as I was about to board a plane.
Fortunately the security people recognized that my little knives were just
an oversight on my part and they allowed me to go buy an envelope and some
stamps, and mail it to myself at home. (My checked luggage was already on
the plane.) I wouldn't let a bone-handled Case or a Buck Cadet get away. I
would have stayed home instead. g

--
Ed Huntress