Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Slightly OT -- Goodbye Verizon

Not particularly in love with Verizon but consider what someone needed
to pay Bell Telephone in today's dollars vs Verizon or most other
carriers. People want cheap. They got it.

I have suffered thru FIOS HELL

Including a noisey router so 1 of 12 callers couldnt be heard thru the
static, had to call every day for 3 weeks to get it finally fixed, it
was a bad router at the central office. not bad iunside wiring every
rep said that.

I get at least one mailing daily and many verizon sales people at my
door, even after calling the police on one who didnt have a permit,
the last couple said they were verizon contractors but refused to
identify their employeer.

I could of heated my home for the wnter by burning all the flyers they
send.

my FIOS backup battery failed after 6 months causing a alarm beeping.
they wanted me to pay for the replacement battery which was supposed
to last 6 or 8 years. they finally agreed it should be covered under
warranty but it took over 2 weeks to get a replacement battery. worse
reps dont know about the alarm silence button.

attempts to cancel for poor service gets your under 2 year contract
the penalty is hundreds of dollars.

I WILL NEVER BE UNDER CONTRACT WITH VERIZON FOR ANYTHING!

if it works great if you have a problem your out of

and in for lots of frustration