Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default HOA strikes again

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:26:38 -0700, Kuskokwim wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 18:32:26 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

"[FT WORTH AREA]Tuesday morning, Simmons pulled his SUV up onto his
Mansfield lawn and close to his front door to unload several heavy
bags of laundry from work. He then left the vehicle there while he
fixed breakfast for his kids. "

Within 45 minutes his SUV was drug off and disposed of.

That'll teach 'em!

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....8f26491b.html

If you read this updated story you will find that Simmons had done this
several times before and did in fact receive a warning letter:

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw...s.3aac452.html

An excerpt:
After News 8's report, the Remington Ranch HOA showed a written warning
sent to Simmons back in May for parking on his yard. The note
threatened to
tow if he did it again. Simmons conceded he has īdone it on occasion,

I can understand a HOA suing a guy for violating the rules but towing
from private property requires permission of the owner in Florida.

Nope. Our building code can cite an auto that is "inoperable" -
no/expired tags is one indication.

What I meant to say is that inoperable vehicles can be towed from our
lot as long as there is a towing sign. The sign requirement is
state-wide, AFAIK....all over the place.

Our condo allows only two vehicles
per unit - each unit has a reserved space, and there is an additional
unmarked space for each unit. We can tow anyone who doesn't belong.
I assumed you could shoot someone for messin with your truck in Texas.
The tow truck was trespassing.