Posted to alt.home.repair
John D99 John D99 is offline

Default Septic tank question

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Seems like the holes ought to have a hatch, or cover plate?

The setup I have, the 20" holes are covered by 22" concrete lids with a bent
rebar loop so they can levered up to move. The lids are maybe 70 pds each,
and don't form any soprt seal that stops water or gas.

Some kind of board over the top of the hole in the ground?
Maybe a big tractor tire, with a flower planter, or
something like that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Eric in North TX" wrote in message

I would just fill it with sand, that way you could easily
dig it out
if you need access, without the potential for odor and
liability.
Liability might take the form of a curious child (we lost
one locally
to an uncovered septic tank), or someone falling due to the
hole in
the yard.