Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] cselby@mts.net is offline

Default #$%&*( ants

A place I woked at used dry cleaning fluid as a degreaser. I
took a few ounces home and late at night when all the little critters
are back in the nest, I dropped a table spoonfull on the nest and
covered it with a cardboard box. No more anthill.

I can't think of the chemical name of the stuff, but it's in the same
family as carbon tet. This stuff is heavier than water and displaces
air in its vapor form - think suffocation. Probably not a good idea
to use in the house, basement or poorly ventilated shop.

Put out some Real Kill ant bait. Just watched an ant come out of the little
thingie with a piece of bait in his mouth, walk to the edge of the counter,
toss the bait in the trash can under the counter, clean his antennas, go
back into the bait thingie, and come out with another one, and toss it in
the trash.

After I got through laughing I did him a favor and tossed the rest of it for
him.

Anybody know of any ant bait that _works_?