Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Safe way to carry dust remote

Best system I worked with was having three remotes, on a short chain
at three different strategic points in the shop. Needless to say, one
was never more than a step or two away, could always find them and the
extra step or two was welll worth the never-lost concept.

For me right now I simply crawl over three rows of stored machinery,
hang down and stretch as far as I can to reach the fricking (non-
magnetic) swith on my Griz DC that is about one inch off the floor. I
keep meaing to rewire that sucker into a mag switch at least at hip
height if not on a leader.

On Jun 19, 12:58*pm, "David Merrill" wrote:
Just got my closeted dust collector on a separate 220v circuit and set up to
run from an X-10 appliance module plugged into an outlet controlled by an
hp-rated wall switch. *Pushed the on-button on the little pocket remote and
it works!

Next thought was that little, 2 x 1-1/2 x 3/8-inch, plastic remote is going
to get misplaced in no time (67 year-old) if I don't get it on a lanyard to
hang around my neck. *Looked at a leather shoelace and immediately realized
what a BAD IDEA that was -- having a strong cord dangling from my neck while
working around rotating machinery. *So, keep it in my pocket? -- nah, it'll
end up in the washing machine or the nightstand. *Belt loop? -- nah, don't
want that part of my anatomy sucked into a machine either.

So, where do you guys with remotes keep yours without losing it ???

David Merrill