Posted to rec.woodworking
David Merrill David Merrill is offline

Default Safe way to carry dust remote

Just got my closeted dust collector on a separate 220v circuit and set up to
run from an X-10 appliance module plugged into an outlet controlled by an
hp-rated wall switch. Pushed the on-button on the little pocket remote and
it works!

Next thought was that little, 2 x 1-1/2 x 3/8-inch, plastic remote is going
to get misplaced in no time (67 year-old) if I don't get it on a lanyard to
hang around my neck. Looked at a leather shoelace and immediately realized
what a BAD IDEA that was -- having a strong cord dangling from my neck while
working around rotating machinery. So, keep it in my pocket? -- nah, it'll
end up in the washing machine or the nightstand. Belt loop? -- nah, don't
want that part of my anatomy sucked into a machine either.

So, where do you guys with remotes keep yours without losing it ???

David Merrill