Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Usenet services recommended?

On 2009-06-19, Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:07:29
-0500, Ted Walker, wrote:

Thanks everyone for their input. I'm going to check out those suggested and
make a quick decision. I hate it when my use gets interrupted by having to
learn a new program. Rather be out in the shop!!

- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.5512

Although your "newsreader" leaves MUCH to be desired,
you don't need to "learn a new program." All you have
to do is change the server, username, and password
settings in what you're already using.

:-)

It should take all of 5 seconds... maybe 10 if
you hunt'n'peck.

FWIW -- newsguy has come through again (as they did when other ISPs
dropped news service).

Here is part of their posting about it in newsguy.general:
Check out the URL which starts the quoted section.

}
http://newsguy.com/3for1.asp

} AT&T customers will receive 2 free months of newsgroup access when they
} purchase a 1 month account for $10.95 ... that's 3 months of newsgroups
} for the price of 1!

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564