Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:52:34 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique
wrote:

I'm curious about superglues - are they pretty much all the same? I
really love them for quick fixes in the shop. And what about the
accelerator - is it really just acetone? Anyone have any info?

Thanks.

JP

No sources, etc.. just what I've heard/experienced:

According to most ads, all CA is the same formula, the difference is in
filtering of contaminants, or whatever..

Acetone (finger nail polish remover) is what I use to get CA off my fingers, so
I'd tend to think it's what CA solvent is, not accelerator...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing