Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The U.S. Government Is Trying To Take Away Your Pocket Knives!

Han wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in news:h1d8ge09v0
@news6.newsguy.com:

Because somebody else is paying for it?

I think senators earn enough to afford something that suits them, so being
cheap does not have to motivate them in this.

Given how cheaply Senators can be bought (look at the latest Dodd
scandal -- he cashed in on inside information to the tune of $115k or so),
I would say that politicians tend to view having to spend their own money
for anything to be an abomination, especially when they can figure out a
way to get someone else to pay.