Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Are cyanoacrylates all created equal?

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article
, Jay
Pique wrote:
I'm curious about superglues - are they pretty much all the same? I
really love them for quick fixes in the shop. And what about the
accelerator - is it really just acetone? Anyone have any info?

Rockler's accelerator, at least, is not acetone. I checked on that a year
or
two back. All I can remember any more is that it's a fluorinated
hydrocarbon
of some sort, and that I found out what it is by Googling for the MSDS.

I seriously doubt that acetone is an accelerator, I use acetone to remove
Super Glue before it cures and after.