Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default I hope they weren't driving too far...

DerbyDad03 wrote in
:

On Jun 18, 2:59*pm, Red Green wrote:
RicodJour wrote in
:

On Jun 18, 9:22*am, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On my way to work this morning I saw a car with a full size
entertainment center on top.

No ropes, no straps...just 2 hairy arms sticking out of the
windows holding on it.

Stuff like that amazes me. *Yesterday I saw a small car with two
sheets of OSB subfloor on the roof and a guy's hands sticking
through the open sunroof to hold them in place. *I had an
instantaneous flash of the guy getting his fingers sheared off when
the idiot-buddy driving stepped on the brakes.

Self-cleaning gene pool.

Not OSB but last evening on a 50mph road I came upon a couple of
people putting a mattress and box spring back on the roof. Stopped
right in the middle of the lane. Guess that yarn wasn't quite up to
it...if there was even that used.- Hide quoted text -

I once saw a car with mattress on top - uncovered - driving down the
highway on a nasty winter day, salt spray and slush flying everywhere.

You couldn't put enough sheets on that mattress for me to sleep on it.

Then of course there's the famous "Lumber Car". Most here have seen it
but maybe a newbie who just lurks hasn't.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/lumber.asp