Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default SONY 8mm VCR Playback and Unload/Eject Problems EV C3

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

I just sold a Sony Digital 8 camera I bought in 2000 that was well
used but perfect in function. If the mech is treated with respect and
warnings followed there isn't any reason it should unduly fail under
normal use for many years. I would say this is the case in the
majority the minority being misuse and manufacturing QC.

I wish that were so, but I've had two analog units fail -- and I'm not aware
of having abused them. In both cases, the failures were abrupt, and not
preceded by any action that might have caused them (that I'm aware of).

For what it's worth... I rarely have problems with any of my electronics or
photographic equipment.